Click on the links to read more.
The Sports Premium was introduced to fund improvements to the provision of
PE and sport,for the benefit of primary-aged pupils to encourage them to develop
healthy lifestyles. It is allocated to schools to work with all pupils.
The government is continuing to provide additional funding to improve provision of
physical education (PE) and sport in primary schools.
This funding - provided jointly by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture,
Media and Sport – has been allocated to primary school head teachers.
This funding is ring-fenced and must only be spent on provision of
PE and sport in schools.
Schools are free to determine how best to use the funding to improve their
PE and sports provision, to help increase participation and allow children to
develop and reach the performance levels that they are capable of.
At All Saints Primary school we use our PE and Sport Premium
allocation on the following:
1. Employ a sports teacher to work alongside teachers to deliver the
PE curriculum, in order to strengthen teaching and learning in this subject across the school.
2. Continue to strive to increase pupil participation in the sports and physical activities.
3. Increase pupil participation in inter-school sports competitions by supplying after school coaching and transport to matches.
4. Continue to provide a wide range of before and after school activities/clubs for pupils from year 1 to year 6.
5. Continue to provide swimming lessons for all year 4 children. Lessons take place weekly for the
academic year. Transport is provided during the winter months.
6. Gymnastic lessons weekly, provided by a gymnastics teacher, for Reception to year 2 and
a before school gymnastics club.